Friday, July 29, 2005

Freewrite

When I started this blog, I said I might do some freewrites, but I haven't done one yet. Today I think I will do a freewrite on a random topic selected by one of my goofy friends on trillian. For those of you not familiar with the format, a freewrite is a type of writing in which you set a certain amount of time and don't stop writing for that period of time. It's very "stream of consciousness", so I don't know how much sense this will make, but, nonetheless, I will be spewing forth god knows what for the next 5 minutes.

My goofy friend has chosen "Bornea feline population". I honestly know nothing about this other than the fact that Bornea is a country and "feline" means "cat". I like cats a lot. They are cute, but I am very allergic to them. My parents still have the cat I had when I was in high school. He looks like a rabbit. We got him from my friend Melissa. The cat before him got run over by a car. Princess was really sweet and was a tortoise shell. I think tortoise shell cats are awesome and really pretty,--much prettier than calicos. That reminds me: There was a lady once with a kitten on a plane. She had him in a kennel under her seat, and he was tranquilized, I think. However, she took him out during the "walking around" time and kept him in her arms. He was adorable, and the stewardesses all cooed. You know what else coos on airplanes? Babys. Except they more scream than anything. I think that if you have a baby over the age of about 12 months, you should them in a seat next to you. Toddlers do not do well being held in someone's arms. They try to wiggle out and scream when they can't go. Which brings me to another topic: If you have a child of any age, and you are bringing them on an airplane, BRING STUFF FOR THEM TO DO. They will sit much stiller and be much quieter if you do. This also goes for bringing your children to anyplace where they will have to wait a long time or sit a long time--dr's offices, restaurants, etc. Now I'm out of thoughts so I will just talk about chocolate. I love chocolate. Can you believe that I actually got enough material out of this method of writing to do a really cool mixed media art project for someone? It wouldn't seem like it the way this freewrite is going. I just feel like I'm rambling. But now, it's time for me to be done.

No comments: