Saturday, September 17, 2005

So I just went to a belly dance class, and it was really fun. I was there because I like to dance. There were alot of people there who were into "energy work" and "healing." It seems that alot of the places I go and alot of the things i'm into involve people into "healing" or having a preist bless their home because there's ghosts in it, or burning sage to "cleanse" a house. I find this odd because, while I am very open and earthy, I have never been into new age, paganism, the supernatural and I haven't been into religion in a long time. It's no secret that I'm somehwat of a hippy, but people who are into "energy work" baffle me. Why is it that you come across this stuff so frequently in the arts an exercise communities (like pilates and yoga). I am a hippy and i appreciate other hippys but i don't get and will never get people who "heal" others.

No comments: