Wednesday, November 30, 2005

yay!

I've been whining off and on about various things related to not being able to establish regular exercise/dance routines. I have felt moody and crappy and fat for a couple months now because I couldn't get myself back into a regular dance class and regular at home exercise. This Saturday, I discovered NIA
Yes, it's as new age, hippy, liberal and crazy as it sounds, but it's a fucking blast. It's kind of like creative/modern dance without the actual "instruction and technique" section... you just kind of follow along with the teacher and occasionally improv. I'd still love to get into an actual dance technique class regularly, but I'm too stubborn to go to the "other" dance school still and the classes at my chosen school are all too early. So for right now, I'll do NIA at least once a week and then dance or play DDR or something at home on other days. Today I actually worked on some dance choreography. Why the hell I'm doing that, I don't know, since I can't go to the choreography competition, I have nowhere to perform, and I don't teach, But, fuck it, it felt good and it's actually healthy for me.

No comments: