Monday, December 5, 2005

Comments on anonymous postings.

So, when I came home from work Friday, someone had posted a "tell me a secret anonymously" thread on a forum that I frequent. This became one of the single most engaging threads I have ever read.
There's also now a live journal group for the same type of thing

Lots of people were commenting on the fact that some of the things discouraged them and made them feel like the human race was deteriorating. I thought it really showed our diversity and it was a good exercise in letting people know they are not alone. Several people confessed to childhood abuse, quite a few confessed to not knowing what to do about the relationships they're in, some confessed to being more in love than they ever had been, and a few confessed secret fantasies. I think it's amazing that you can have a group of people with so many similar things going on in their lives without a single one of them knowing.

No comments: