Saturday, November 12, 2005

i promised my husband...

...that i would write in my blog that he is really not an asshole.
He made me ride in the car all the way to spokane with a meal stop and walking around target to "kill time" without me having a damn clue what was going on. The only thing that kept me from throwing up was the fact that I could distract myself with the PSP (which he actually let me bring in the car). This rather sucked. Two plus hours on the road with no fucking idea where I'm going. I assumed he was either going to lead me to the end of a rainbow and shower me with gold or pull off to the side of the road, tie bricks to my feet and dump me in the spokane river.

Thankfully, I am not currently typing this while flying out over the edge of the falls in Spokane. However, I also do not currently have gold coins sprinkled in my hair, but I did get to hear Henry Rollins walk up on stage in front of me and proceed to spew amazingness from his mouth for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. This guy never fucking ceases to amaze me. He has numerous spoken word CD's out and a DVD all of which have different stories (okay there's one repeat, but it doesn't even sound like the same story by the time he's finished), and then he gets up on stage for two and a half hours and doesn't repeat a bit of what's on the CD's. IT was fucking amazing. IF you've never seen Henry's spoken word tour, you should totally check it out. For those of you who are going "what? henry rollins sings! what is this about him telling stories?", check out the CD merchandise section of http://www.henryrollins.com/ and pick up the CD called "Eric the pilot". You'll be hooked immediately, I promise.
Anyways, after the show, it was snowing so we stayed the night in a hotel and then we went to an arcade/indoor golf/family fun place. Later we had dinner at panhandler piw, which is my favorite restaurant AND which will give you FREE DINNER AND PIE on your birthday if you bring in your ID.

No comments: