Friday, November 25, 2005

Christmas trees and XM radio

I forgot to mention yesterday that we put up the tree last weekend. It's small but it's beautiful. And it has ornaments *I* made on it.






Here's a Picture of the tree topper, which I also made.





Okay, now that all the warm fuzzies and bragging are out of the way, it's time for some good old fashioned whining. XM in it's infinite wisdom decided to make certain stations Christmas from thanksgiving on. I am not a big fan of this idea because, I don't like 24/7 Christmas music on any day except MAYBE Christmas. Normally, I would shrug and change the channel because XM has like 200 other channels. HOWEVER, they put this Christmas music on instead of some of my favorite channels. They're playing novelty Christmas songs (hellooooo Dr. Demento) on what is normally the seriously kickass electronic station, and they put COUNTRY CHRISTMAS on what is normally a kickass Latin jazz station. They have 7 country stations, and other categories with more than 7 stations... They couldn't pick another type of music to pre-empt? There are 4 stations in the electronic category and one of them is disco. There are 5 stations in the Latin section. Where does it make sense to pre-empt the stations that are 95% unique because there only 4-5 to a category versus the stations in categories where there's constant overlap and you can't tell the difference easily between switching stations? I am missing two of my favorite stations for a month so they can play fucking Christmas tunes of an unrelated type of music?

Maybe I should stop whining and take the time to make a serious note to XM's programming director:


YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON THE FUCKO LIST.

Thank you,
--Vo0do0chile

No comments: