Thursday, October 27, 2005

quick update

I've been posting lately, but mostly about my ever so engaging philosophies on life. So I thgouth I would actually post about what's going on.

I love my job, and I had my review today in which my supervisor basically said that I seriously rocked and that he'd already applied for me to have a raise. Actually he said something about leadership or something because I helped train the new employee a while back. It was odd to hear someone say that I had taken on a role of "leadership". I still don't think of myself as a "leader" even after he pointed out the things I do that could be considered leadership. The boss also encouraged me to come to him for questions or concerns about my clients OR myself (a burnt out social worker is worthless). I mention this because I recall so many times being told not to ask so many questions by previous employers.

Also on the work front, during a staff meeting we were throwing around ideas for different things and I said "I know how to dance, and I had kind of maybe thought about teaching a dance class for the clients" and everyone immediately said "What a fabulous idea, that would be so good for our clients" and started talking about the logistics of how we could do it. So, I might start a dance class for the people we work with. This is such a fabulous idea for the clients and for me. The clients could benefit from movement because it's therapeutic and physically healthy and helps open up parts of you that you never knew existed. I could benefit because I haven't been able to take a class regularly, I love teaching, and I go fucking bonkers if I don't have an outlet for choreography.

Which leads me into the next thing. I have been a moody whore and it all boils down to things that relate to lack of regular excercise and dance. In birmingham, I had 2 dance classes and a pilates class that I tried to make it to on a regular basis. I usually made it to at least ONE during the week despite my crazy ass job. When I didn't go out and exercise, I would play DDR at home. I now cannot establish a regular routine due to lack of availability and difficulty scheduling. Sometimes, I will schedule everything right and someone will have an emergency or go to the gym only to find the door locked unless you have a key card (which I don't). This frustrates me to no end, and generally I get so mad about missing things that I then don't play DDR or walk or anything else; either that or I fuck around until it's too late to play loud music and jump around.
Aside from making me mentally tired, lack of exercise also does not do anything to help my weight, which has unfortunatley been going up lately. Which in turn makes me bitchier... Not a good cycle.

Other than working and lack of exercise, I have a few other things planned for the near future. In a couple of weeks on veteran's day, our craft group from work is going to go to a bazaar, and the group leader was nice enough to allow me to display a few things along with the clients'. The day after that is my birthday! The next weekend I go to another craft fair on my own and then in about a month, we're taking a vacation to disney.

No comments: