Saturday, October 15, 2005

embarassment

why is that I see someone I know right as I am picking lacy thongs up form the rack in target? Furthermore, why is it that i turn six shades of purple whne they say "hi" and I realise that I have lacy panties in my hands. Precisely what is wrong with a grown woman owning lacy panties? Truthfully, nothing. But for some reason, I'm ashamed. I'm not sure if it's out of the part of me that knows that society wants us to think that sexy things are evil, or the part of me that struggles with idea that my 212 pound body can be sexy or the part of me that thinks the rest of the world doesn't want to know that I am sexy, but whatever it is, my face always turns 8 shades of purple. It's quite a shame, too, if you ask me. The people who said "hi" now got the message that's it's not okay to buy pretty things for yourself or think of yourself as sexy as did anyone else who was in the area. This is not the idea I want to transmit to everyone. Everyone is goregeous and has a right to the laciest, stringiest thongs if they want them, and they should never be ashamed to buy them.

No comments: