Friday, February 29, 2008

hmm...

still no word from the job i interviewed for. I'm a little annoyed but not surprised. Should I call monday, or wait until next wednesday or thursday?
The next question is about another interview. A place that i applied to like 2 or 3 weeks ago called wednesday and said "call by thursday at 5 pm if you want to interview". Then when I claled and left a message saying I wanted to and for them to leave me a time, she called back and said "well, the only time we have left is...." This annoys me and makes think i'm an afterthought. The issue with this is that we are past the time that I can ask for that day and time off, so I would have to essentially call in and say my car broke down or something. I don't necessarily mind this, but I don't think it's a good idea to keep doing things like this because 1. I have no desire to shaft my current employer (dhr has strict rules about how many teachers there have to be based on the number of children in the building) and 2. I have no desire to become unreliable enough that they want to fire me. I want to go when I'm ready. Obviously, I'll call and ask if they can change the interview to a time that works better for me. But if not, i'm not sure what I'll do.
It would really fucking help if the other place would tell me yes or no.

No comments: