Sunday, October 15, 2006

People in crisis don't remember thier own names much less have enough energy to care about you.

I work with clients in crisis all the time. I help people understand their emotions and reason them out all the time. Somehow, I have no skills in this area when it comes to dealing with things related to myself.
It was pointed out that the previous post seems a little selfish given the current situation at work. I originally didn't quite understand why they were saying this because everyone else got a party so why shouldn't I. Note the title above. It is ridiculous for me to expect an office full of jaded depressed workers who are scrambling to salvage their careers to even give me a second thought, much less plan a party for me. It's not fucking fair that everyone else got a party and I don't... but it is. Everyone else's goodbye came at a time that everyone wanted and eneded comraderie. Right now, everyone just wants the hell out of there. I don't think anyone has friendships or social gatherings on their mind. As much as I don't like this, it's appropriate to the times.
The thing that was making me so worried about a party is the fact that I felt like I wouldn't be as significant as other people if I didn't have a party. This is, of course, a ridiculous notion.
The thing that isn't a ridiculous notion is that it's not fucking fair. This is one of those situations where life just isn't going to be fair, but there is nothing anyone can say that will make me like it. I am not going to get the same treatment as everyone else because there's so much turmoil going on that everyone else cannot deal with being happy for me. As a matter of fact, the staff probably resent me because I'm getting out and they're not. I hate this idea. I made a hard decision to go back somewhere that I didn't want to go so that my husband and I could stay sane and it happened to be at a time that was bad for the company, which made the decision all that much harder, and I am going to be resented for it.
I accept it; I understand it; But I don't like it.
There are only a few people in Sandpoint that I know well enough to know anything about other than their first name and this group of people represents the majority of them. I am being rejected by the closest thing I have to friends up here (other than my husband) for doing something I'd rather not do if there were another alternative and because they are in crisis. There's alos nothing I can do to help them through the crisis. Not to mention, they probably don't want to listen to me anyways since I am "deserting" them.

No comments: