Friday, October 13, 2006

Anyone want to help me plan my own going away party?

So... all the turmoil from the previous post has led me to believe some things:
1. I don't know who we can trust in the administration
2. The staff is pissed and needs support
3. There's probably no way in hell in the middle of all this that anyone is going to think to throw me a going away party (everyone else got one goddamnit, why does it make it different because I happened to quit in the middle of turmoil)
4. The lead therapist didn't get a going away party either.

So the options I've come up with are:

1. Wait until someone else suggests the party
2. Mention to someone that I would like a party
3. Plan my own damn party, invite the lead therapist, exclude the director, the temporary director and administration, and tell everyone by word of mouth.
4. Plan my own damn party, invite everyone but not the lead therapist and spread the word with a flyer in the copy room
5. Plan my own damn party, invite the lead therapist and spread the word by a flyer in the copy room
6. not have a party

1. Isn't fucking happening.
2. Would seem pretentious and forceful, especially at a company where everyone's perceptions are probably off because we're all too mad to see straight.
3. Sounds really good right about now, but I could be excluding people who had nothing to do with the things I'm mad about and could be denying good people a chance to vent when they need it.
4. Seems the most friction free but also seems unfair to the lead therapist AND i think that the other staff owuld like to see her again. Like I said, we all loved her and also everyone probably wants a chance to find out what really happened.
5. Has the most potential for disaster but gets me all the things I want--a party, the therapist, and no sneakiness.
The potential for disaster is this:
- often when someone is asked to leave, it becomes evil to say thier name much less put it on a flyer. Doing so might have unforseen repercussions.
- administration may show up which would put a damper on the whole thing and discourage the therapist and other workers from bitching about work, which is, i think what some of the workers need to be able to do right now.
6. Damnit it's not fair, everyone else got one! Of course, in making that statement, I have to ask myself, is this about me or everyone else. Of course, it's about me. Usually goodbye parties are about everybody. The way to make this about everybody is to have it after work at a place where we can bitch (which has been the plan all along)--assuming they even want to do this. So, I guess the first thing I need to do is find out if anyone even wants to come to a party if I throw one for myself.
After that, which number should I pick? What do you guys think?

No comments: