Monday, October 2, 2006

Christmas

Everyone blames wal-mart and corporations on people thinking about Christmas in September/October. Everyone complains when someone asks them what they want for Christmas in September and I even had someone tell me to ask for a calendar for Christmas since it's 2.5 months away and I asked for suggestions for people. I have ALWAYS bought Christmas presents in AUGUST and september. Yes, I said AUGUST. It's not about "oh my god wal-mart said I should buy things so, therefore I should!". It's about "oh my god, I am fucking poor and will not magically be rich before Christmas and can afford $30-$50 a month for 3 months but not $90-$150 all at once!" It's about "Oh my god, I have 12 people to give to and I hate to give shitty presents because I'm rushing to get shopping done!" It's about "oh my god, I make half my presents because I'm poor and because some of my family members like my handmade gifts more than anything I can buy them." So, when I ask what you want for Christmas in September, or I ask you for advice on what's coming out before Christmas that's worth buying, don't check my temperature, don't buy me a calendar and don't assume I have given in to corporate pressure to shop earlier and earlier. I don't like Christmas carols in every retail establishment for 2 months solid either. However, I do like making sure I have plenty of time to use my cretivity and resources to get you and the other people I care about good fucking presents.

No comments: