Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh, another one...

(continued from last night's list of ways to deal with dieting)
5. Your favorite restaurant does have something you can eat on the menu without ruining the diet. If you don't find it the first time, don't give up.
The only exception I've found to this rule is sonic. I've scoured the nutrition information for sonic numerous times and the answer pretty much is: don't eat at sonic. However, every local restaurant I've been to so far, I've found something that works. It usually takes a few tries to find the thing that really works well and works with the particular diet you're on, but 99% of the time, there's something there. After a few somewhat eyebrow raising visits to panhandler pie, I discovered that they have two meals on the menu that are great tasting and low calorie, and they have good soup and salad plates. The restaurant that almost made me give up was the Italian restaurant. I love arlo's, because it's some of the best Italian food I've ever had and one of the waitresses knows us by sight, but every time I went there, I ended up paying for it for the rest of the week. Yesterday, I found a thing that works! They have a plate that's basically spaghetti with white wine marinara and shellfish of various types. If I can break myself of the nasty garlic bred habit, I can go there for dinner now without having to worry about whether or not I can eat the rest of the week.

No comments: