Thursday, April 16, 2009

bands you would miss work for?

My husband and I were discussing music as we often do, especially after the last two shows we went to, and the question came up, "which bands would you miss work for?" By this I mean that you would have to take the whole day off from work and having not previously asked for it off and having no vacation or sick time, and possibly getting in trouble if someone found out you were faking. Which bands/musicians would you do this for? Of course, I forgot my husband's, but I'm pretty sure one of them is the pixies.

Here are mine:
Eatliz
Tilly and The Wall
Muse (although maybe not if it was in an arena or huge venue)
Tori Amos but only of she was in a smaller theater or club--nothing bigger than Alabama theater.
Diana Krall but again with the small theater stipulation


And here's my list of bands I'd lie about having a dr's appt for in order to leave a couple hours early:
-The Dresden Dolls (they would be on the other list if i hadn't seen them twice already)
-Amanda Fucking Palmer (she would also be on the other list if I hadn't seen her and the dolls so much already)
-Daikaiju (yes, after one show, they have this status)
-Silversun Pickups
-Imogen Heap
-Two Ton Boa
-They might be giants (yes, even though i have seen them like 5 or 6 times.)
-Some of None (*sigh*)
-Catawampus Universe (*sigh*)
Tell me yours!

No comments: