Tuesday, February 28, 2006

*frustration*

I've made numerous posts about how muc I love it here because of the attitude of the people as a whole, because of my awsome job, and because of the beautiful scenery. But there is one that *almost* makes me want to go back to Birmingham, which is a pretty strong statement considering how much I've come to hate any place below the mason dixon line in the last 7 months. I cannot keep a regular dance schedule to save my life. I know that there are only 7,000 people here, but it should not be this hard. I danced with the one school I really enjoyed but when it came time for the school year, all the classes were at 3 and 4:30 which does not work when you're working a regular workday. So, I started taking NIA classes. I was taking two a week when the tuesday evening one got cancelled. So I called the other dance school in town and started taking a dance classs there on tuesdays and continued NIA on saturdays. Now the dance teacher for the class I just performed with left me a message stating that they already have all their routines set for the rest of the year and won't be doing anything new until september or october. I don't care about routines, I JUST WANT TO DANCE. Blah. Anyways, I'm going to try to do *something*. There's a place here that rents space for like $10 an hour (Although they have carpet) and i know some of the NIA teachers also dance, so I was going to see if any of them would be interested in doing a rotation or something so that we could get a class together. That way even if only teachers show up, we'd all get to take sometimes and teach sometimes.

No comments: