Thursday, February 2, 2006

My new career as a burlesque

So I went to a dance class and they said "hey we're gonna do this performance, do you want to join us?...Acutally, why don't you watch the dance a couple of times and see if this is something you can do." So I watched. What I saw could on be described as utterly amazing. There were women in heels dancing around and doing everything but fucking a bunch of male blowup dolls. As I watched all I could think was "uhh... wow." SO the teacher said "What do you think? would you like to join us." So I said "What's the costume for this number?" "Nothing, underwear." "I am so totally in."

I love the idea of parading around in my underwear and doing lewd things to blowup dolls on stage. Considering that I am generally a private person when it comes to lingere and sex, this may seem a little out of character for me.
So why is it that I am so thrilled about getting to practically expose myself to the adult populace of the city? Because I can.

When I used to live in Alabama, I pretty much had to pretend that I didn't have sex, didn't know what it was and neither did anyone else. This is kind of awkward for me, not only because I am pretending that a very natural biological process is something that needs to be hidden and ignored, but because my sexuality is a large part of who I am--probably a larger part than the average person. Pretending that sex doesn't exist is denying a large part of me--it's like walking around with an arm held behind my back pretending that it was chopped off in a mill accident or something just becuase society says having two arms is bad.

In Idaho I can have two arms, and not only that, I can use them for some pretty interesting things without having to worry about who will find out. So this month I will use both arms to zip up some boots, put on some slutty underwear and thrash a blowup doll around stage. How fucking cool.

No comments: