Thursday, June 23, 2005

So, I created this log because The registration made me so I could post in my friend's blog. Howver, I think that since It's here, I may actually try to do some writing... Maybe some freewriting or something. This may be very boring for you out there, but it's not like anyone will be reading this crap anyways. Right? I mean, I like to think I'm cool and creative and stuff, But I mostly just ramble. Like I rambled all morning this morning with the dance tacher. That was fun though-- I am just getting settles in here, and it's nice to talk to people and find out their stories and figure out who's a kindred spirit and who's not.

Moving kind of sucks, though. New opportunities and new people are good. Leaving behind all the people, dance classes, restaurants, etc. you already love sucks. I have mundane dreams where people I used to hang with happen to show up and say something mundane, and then I wake up and get sad because I can't see them again. I guess my biggest sadness is leaving behind my dance class. We had a pretty cohesive group of people, and it wasn't just about dancing. We hung out and talked about what was going on in our lives and sometimes we went out to dinner. I really miss that group.
I found a good dance class, and the teacher is pretty cool, both as a dancer and a person. But, right now, the class is just some of her former students returning... they all knew each other. I'll find a way to fit in and find all new "families" (work, home friends) up here. But for right now, It's kind of lonely in my neck of the woods.

No comments: