Friday, January 29, 2010

excue me, is this YOUR nose?

If *I* am okay with the fact that my husband might quit his job before he has a new one or if *I* am okay with the fact that he avoids formal and work events like the plague, why?... what?.. *sigh*
Why do i even have to defend this? If my husband says "XYZ" Why does an 'adult' have to say "No, ABC" in a tone that says "this is what normal, responsible people do." We ARE NOT NORMAL and there's a reason we do not have children (okay there are many), and it is so that we are not responsible for fucking up anyone else's lives with our crazy ass decisions. Mind you, I know I stick my nose where it doesn't belong too, but my husband is 34 and married. He does not need a 'grown up' to remind him of societal norms that are stupid and designed to make people crazy. Also,why is it assumed that because I am quiet, I am just letting this happen or quietly disagreeing... PERHAPS I am as crazy as he is and am completely okay with this. I like him the way he is, even if that doesn't fit a mold... in fact, IT'S WHY I MARRIED HIM. Mind you, the 'grown-ups' in question don't mind people who think outside the box, they very quickly get to a point where they think it is "too much" and he needs to be reminded how he 'should' act. The only "too much" is what we decide is too much for whatever our reasons might be.

Seriously. None. of. your. business.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome. Commands and forcing your way of thinking on us... screw that!

No comments: