Friday, March 21, 2008

The new job?..... Hooooooooooooooooooooly Damn

So let's see, the highlight of my first day on Wednesday was when two of my (gay male) coworkers started jokingly calling each other disparaging for females. "Bitch!" "Slut!" "whore!" "Hahaha, oh wait I shouldn't say that one because I might offend both of them" (me and another fairly new female co-worker). The highlight of the second day was when one of my co-workers (the same one who almost said whatever evil word it was he didn't want to offend me with) was carrying a mattress in and said to a client "I know what you're thinking and that's not it." To which the client replied "well, I heard you walk around with one of those strapped to your back."
I think this will be a hell of a lot of fun, and I have actually enjoyed every second of the insanity. I wonder if i should join the crowd and start cursing like a sailor, or I should enjoy the tap dance they try to do around me and see how long I can stretch that out for.

The only problem is going to be that once I start cursing, I will *still* have to censor myself to some degree because one of my favorite derogatory terms is faggot. In my house, everything's a faggot when I'm mad at it. If I called people or things faggots at work, this could be grossly misinterpreted. I, of course, mean nothing by it. I think it's hilarious that people have a problem with men who sleep with other men, which is why I think it's such a funny word.
What the fuck is with our societal hang up on words anyways. Word only have the power we give them. So, like, if we don't get offended by a word, it's not offensive.

anyways, that's the update on the new job. I totally think I am going to like it there.

No comments: