Thursday, November 16, 2006

all the sordid details of my anniversary

...or not.
The details I will share are that we stayed at the emnassy suites in huntsville which gives you a reception with free light hors d'ouvres and cocktails (or, in my case, copper ridge merlot). They also give you free extremely yummy breakfast involving made to order omelettes and belgian waffles (along with other things like cereal, fruit, biscuits and gravy, etc). They also have some of the oddest postmodern retro type decor I have ever seen. Definitely the oddest decor I have ever seen in a hotel room.
Anyways, on to more details:
We ate at the jazz factory and goddamn it was good. Whitey was dissappointed that they didn't have live jazz in the main room every night, but I was too busy shoving food in my mouth to notice. I even had desert. I think that I am never going to get to my goal weight ;).
Whitey failed to find anything on the jazz factory dessert menu that piqued his interest so we went to the steak house at the hotel and he got an apple tart. It is a well known fact that I *hate* apples. That tart was absolutely incredible. Mind you, all I ate was the cakey crusty part and the apple goo (no actual chunks of apples), but it stil tasted pretty apple-y and I wasn't grimacing and calling the tart evil.
At the steakhouse, I had french press coffee. This was both a fabulous idea and fucking horrible one. Me and caffeine don't always mix so well, but sometimes if I'm not doing anything that requires concentration, I'll get it anyways. It hit me like a fucking brick wall--I shook trying to walk, I couldn't keep throughts together to save my life, and it took me a long time to get to sleep since my thoughts were going at light speed.
However, I think I've got a new addiction That was some fucking good coffee and i'm totally craving it now. Oh yeah, I don't like coffee... but I went nuts over the french press coffee at the steakhouse, I live for my nonfat espressos with sugar free syrup, and I even enjoyed some hazlenut cream coffee as ground and brewed by a fellow craftsperson. I think the issue is not that I don't like coffee, but that I don't like SHITTY coffee--or really even, average joe coffee. If someone made me a cup of just roasted, just ground, perfectly ground dark coffee, I would probably go just as nuts as any coffee snob, but give me pre-ground shit and I just make faces and say "how the hell can people drink this bitter, nasty crap." I have expensive tastes... and no money, and I'm on a diet which prevents the drinking of too much half and half.
Anyways, back to details:
A while back I lost the ring that Chris gave me for like my second birthday that we were together. For once, it wasn't me being a moron that precipitated the loss of something expensive and sentimental--it was me losing weight. The ring was too loose and apparently it fell off and is still sparkling somewhere in sandpoint. So, whitey bought me a really cool blue toapz ring to replace it and gave it to me when i was drinking the aforementioned fucking good coffee.

end of details.

No comments: