Monday, August 28, 2006

i'm so totally the most interesting person ever.

Well... I've been trying to think of something to say here because there's alot going on, but the fact of the matter is, it's not the most exciting stuff ever. Nonetheless, this thing is here so that I can keep you assholes updated on my life, so here goes:
The dog got sprayed by a skunk a week or so ago. We were up late that night figuring out how to make it so our poor baby could see and taste (we're pretty sure he got sprayed right between the eyes) and not smell like a stink factory. We bathed him and such and now he smells only mildly like a stink factory as does the rest of the house.
In other news, I don't take good care of my teeth because I'm a moron and so I had to have one removed. The poor dentists never make a case for themselves because they either poke things and aggravate them (damnit my abcessed tooth didn't hurt BEFORE i got it check out, but it did afterward) or they handle my squirming and whining ineptly. I had one dentist (not the one here) just keep telling me to calm down and stop shaking because he wasn't going to hurt me like a previous dentist did. The more I shook, the more he insisted as if telling me could somehow make it so I could cure a 5 year long very ingrained phobia in 30 seconds because a man with a firm voice was telling me to do so. I've had dentists who deal with my squirming by stopping and asking what's going on. The dentist who pulled my tooth out was somewhere in the middle. He thought I could will myself to not behave like an afraid 5 year old backed into a corner, but he did eventually realize that some of the squirming and whining had to do with real pain and not just fear of pain, so he did the best he could to fix it.
So when the trauma was overwith, I went christmas shopping with gause tucked firmly in my mouth and used the time walking around to let the copious amounts of adrenaline workt heir way out of my system.
I think the best and worst part of having something like that done is eating. It gives you license to do things like go to kfc and order mashed potatoes with gravy, and baked beans. However, it severely limits what you eat and if you're on a diet or if you're tired of oat bran for the 5th meal in a row, you're kind of screwed.
So, I was off the diet for a couple of days, but I did the best I could to be sensible, eat healthy stuff and somehow get nutrients in there.

Also in other news, we are coming to alabama next week. We are definitely looking forward to seeing friends and family. Whitey is not looking forward to leaving the dog here (we have a nanny coming to check on him) but I am looking forward to throwing a "no ahboo" party every day during vacation! I love Ahboo, but it's still like having a 2 year old child to raise a dog--especially when you're the one he constantly challenges for pack position.

And the last news I can think of is that whitey and I are very seriously considering moving back to alabama by the end of october. I have very mixed feelings about this as usual, but i'm sure you could all repeat the reasons why in your sleep at this point. Although, if we move in october, a week before halloween would be excellent. What's halloween without Nimish naked in a bathtub?

No comments: