Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Random thoughts

I have a lot going on currently. My parents are here from Alabama. I thought I was going to go fucking crazy on Sunday because I kept walking around finding unclean knives laying on my counter (damnit RINSE the dishes BEFORE they sit in the sink and the peanut butter dries up and cakes on them) and somehow ended up with enough food for a thousand people (which makes it difficult to find anything and makes it take a lot longer to cook). However, my parents did ALL of our laundry yesterday and then took it to a laundry mat to dry it and then folded all of it. I will be ever grateful to them for this. So, the next time I have to clean pie filling or peanut butter off a knife left on my counter, I'll just suppress the curses and be thankful mom and dad are so nice.

Secondly, I have a new job and this is my first week in full swing. It's a little crazy getting everything coordinated time wise and I feel like I'm being pulled in 8 directions at once. This will settle down once I get used to it and once I stop writing appointments on the wrong damn day on my calendar (seriously, WTH is up with that?).

The other fun thing about my job is that I have a couple of clients that are not stabilized right now. This means that I have to talk on the phone to them, go see them, etc. after hours. This is a bit draining. Sometimes this happens right before bed, so I dream about the things we talked about. I don't view this as a positive thing, especially since it sometimes gives me trouble sleeping. I am aware that part of this is a coping skill on my part, and I am aware that maybe I should get my ass back to therapy. Therapy is actually fun for me because I *know* the therapist knows what I'm talking about when I talk about being drained and creating relationships with clients and other things because therapists deal with this stuff everyday.

The last Random thought for the day is that we are going on a dinner cruise on the lake with my parents. This should be pretty cool. Hopefully, it will also help me de-stress, but that will only work if I don't worry aobut my unstable clients the whole hour and a half I'm out there. I am going to work out some kind of plan so that if the unstable client calls me, they an get a response, but I won't have to spend an hour on the phone while I'm on the boat.

No comments: