Monday, August 25, 2008

you showed me yours, i'll show you mine: part 4

My husband posted about his favorite rock band songs for every instrument, so I figured I'd post the same. This won't be as boring as you think if you're reading both posts: our picks aren't very similar.

Bass:
  • "Shake" by count Zero
  • "Here comes your man" by the pixies
  • "Dead" by the pixies
  • "Red Tandy" by the mother hips
  • "Siva" by Smashing pumpkins

guitar: that's the thing that like the bass but makes all those screechy noises, right?

Vocals:
  • "Call me" by Blondie
  • "Hysteria" by muse
  • "Roam" by the B52's
  • "Franklin's tower" by the greatful dead
  • "Dani California" by the red hot chili peppers
  • "maps" by the yeah yeah yeahs

Drums:
uhhhhh

Since there's a lack of information under some of those instruments, I thought I'd add something:

List of songs I'd love to see in rock band/rock band 2 but probably never will
  • "Pot Kettle Black" by tilly and the wall (yeah, given that my husband and I are one of the few people who even know who they are, I'm gonna say this one is never going to be a possibility)
  • "Be invisible" by EatLiz (even less people know them than Tilly and the Wall)
  • "Not a Virgin" and "Trigger Happy Jack" by Poe (how could they pick garbage and hole but overlook Poe?)
  • "Bulls on Parade" by rage against the machine (rally round the family)
  • "Kissing Families" by Silversun Pickups (they're in rock band 2, but this is an older song of theirs that probably not enough people would know)
  • "Take me out" or ANYTHING by Franz Ferdinand ("The Dark of the matinee" comes to mind as well)
  • "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns & Roses
  • "Voodoochile Blues", "Fire", "Red house", and "purple Haze" by jimi hendrix (okay fine, anything by Hendrix that's not crosstown traffic)
  • And actually, some people may call me a blasphemous whore for this, but I would totally be cool with the Stevie Ray Vaughan version of Vo0do0chile blues
  • "In the sunshine of your love" by cream
  • "Hey you" by pink floyd
  • "Stairway to heaven" by zeppelin

No comments: